Saturday, August 24, 2013

Slim-Fast Strawberries ’N’ Cream Shake review

I recently joined the Influenster program, and my first VoxBox contained a Slim-Fast Strawberries 'N' Cream shake, some cocktail recipe cards, and a cute little plastic cocktail glass (which Evie has declared as her own and is now sitting in my living room covered in stickers :) I've tried Slim-Fast shakes in the past and actually really liked them, so I was excited to try the newly repackaged line (they've switched from a can to a plastic bottle with a screw-top lid, which is awesome if you want to keep leftovers in the fridge).

When I opened the shake, the smell was off-putting. I'm not a big fan of strawberry shakes to begin with, so I was pretty skeptical. I tasted a little, and it tasted much better than it smelled. The Mister (who is a HUGE strawberry shake fan) tried it and said it actually reminded him of a McDonald's shake. High praise indeed, sir! I whipped up the Sassy Strawberry Colada recipe that came with my strawberry shake - it included coconut rum, which was promising! It honestly looked a bit like a glass of Pepto Bismal, but luckily the taste was better than the visual. I think it could've used a bit less rum, which is hard for me to say, because coconut rum and I have a love affair dating back many moons. I think maybe the flavor of the shake just wasn't full enough to support the booze. Overall, it was definitely drinkable, but I probably wouldn't make the cocktail again, though that probably has more to do with my strawberry-flavored apathy than the actual quality of the product/recipe. The shake itself is reasonably tasty and conveniently packaged, and I'd be interested to try the other flavors (Rich Chocolate Royale, this means you). 



This post was created in connection with my appointment as a SlimFast Ambassador.

No comments:

Post a Comment